Monday, October 31, 2011

A few photos

Well since I have some down time right now because of a storm down here, I figured I would get some pictures up. We went to the Botanical Gardens in Christchurch on our second day. I was glad I went. I got to see some trees that I never had seen before alond with some pretty flowers in Spring bloom. Hope this finds everyone well. I think I fixed the comment section so everyone can comment easier.

Tim








The following pictures are of the earthquake damage from the earthquake that hit back in February. We heard stories of aftershocks while we there from before we got in, but didn't feel anything while we were there. A majority of downtown Christchurch was fenced off from all the damage. It was an odd feeling walking around and seeing the damage. After going to New Orleans post Katrina I can see that there is a lot of work left to be done for Christchurch to come back. I hope to be able to come back some day and see the progress of the rebuidling. After the earthquake and all the after shocks all the church steeples were taken off and set on the gound to keep them from falling over. You can see a few in the photos.













Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment